University of California Santa Cruz
[Class of 2014] Santa Cruz, CA
Bachelors of Art with History of Art and Visual Culture Minor
Course history: Relief printmaking, monotype, lithography, screen printing, painting, drawing, photography,
museum studies, and art history with concentrations in Europe, Asia, and the Pacific Islands.
- "Fire and Ice: An Ecclection- Works by Star Huson and Whitney Humphreys" April 2014, Eduardo Carrillo Gallery, UCSC.
- "Bazaare Arts" November 2014, CDK House, Santa Cruz, CA.
- "Everybody's Ocean" February 2015, Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History, Santa Cruz, CA.
- "Old School: Screen Prints by Star Huson"March 2015, Cafe Delmarette, Santa Cruz, CA.
- "Stacks on Stacks: Works by Star Huson" July 2015, Palace Art and Office Supply, Santa Cruz, CA
- "The No Joke April Fools Print Sale" April 2016, The Tree House Healing Arts Center, Santa Cruz, CA.
- "Art and Soul" Art + Soul Festival, vendor- August 2016, Downtown Oakland, CA.
- "Desert Daze October 2016, vendor - Joshua Tree, CA.
- "Handmade Holiday Print Sale" December 2016, Santa Cruz, CA.
- "East Bay Print Sale" December 2016, Santa Cruz, CA.
- "In Search Of"- solo exhibition- March 2017, Santa Cruz, CA.
- "Show & Tell: An Interactive Art Market" June 2017, Santa Cruz, CA.
- "43rd Annual UCSC Print Sale" June 2017, Santa Cruz, CA.
- "Cold Moon: A Holiday Pop-Up Market" - December 2017, San Juan Bautista, CA.
- "Print Sale: Hosted by Design with Hive" - December 2017, Santa Cruz, CA.
- "Galentines Day: Hosted by Rootz Salon" - February 2018, San Juan Bautista, CA
- "Mountain Sea Living: Hosted by Home/Work" - June 2018, Santa Cruz, CA
- "UC Santa Cruz Annual Print Sale" - June 2018, Santa Cruz, CA
- "Long Nights Holiday Market" - December 2018, San Juan Bautista, CA
- "Midtown Craft Crawl" - December 2018, Santa Cruz, CA
- "UC Santa Cruz Annual Print Sale" - June 2019, Santa Cruz, CA
Cowell Press Quarterly, 2014. Cowell Letter Press.
Target - Visual Merchandiser
[February 2017-Present] Gilroy, CA
Overseeing all visual merchandising aspects of the apparel departments as well as the furniture and home displays. I am responsible for overseeing all visual standards across the store from mannequin outfitting and seasonal displays. I train all team members in the apparel department on proper visual standards and visual merchandising. My daily routines include the upkeep of all visual standards including proper folding and hanging, color blocking, and mannequin styling. I also am responsible for knowing sales and current styles for prioritizing guest's needs. I also play a leadership role in the rollout of brand launches such as pop up designers in apparel and home decor. Also played a leadership role during store's remodel by coordinating with team members, executives, and contractors in order to ensure all sets in apparel were completed on time.
Capitola Beach Company - Assistant Merchandiser/Associate
[February 2016-February 2017] Capitola, CA
My role involves merchandising, sales, and window displays. My responsibilities include
merchandising new product, designing and installing window displays, schedule coordinating, and restocking.
UCSC Printmaking Department – Print Studio Monitor
[June 2014-Present] UCSC, Santa Cruz, CA
I currently volunteer a weekly shift to supervise the UCSC print studio and ensure safety. Monitors are
responsible for all safety procedures, up keeping the studio, opening and closing the building,
and assisting students with a variety of printmaking techniques.
Anthropologie – Visual Sales Associate
[October 2015-June 2016] San Jose, CA
My position as a visual sales associate varied from assisting the visual coordinator in fabricating store displays
to being a sales associate and merchandising new product. My job involved working in a wide variety of media and tools,
working under deadlines, and a close attention to detail.
Museum of Art and History - Exhibitions Intern
[January 2014-September 2015] Santa Cruz, CA
My internship focused on the renovation of the museum’s history gallery, a space that had
been unchanged since the 1990s.Work included data collection, exhibition research, gallery installation and
deinstallation, fabrication and testing of prototypes, and designing of interactive elements. I was responsible for
executing several projects that contributed to current exhibition elements.
UCSC Printmaking Department - Teaching Assistant
[July 2014-August 2014] UCSC, Santa Cruz, CA
[June 2015-July 2015]
For two years I was the teaching assistant for the summer screen printing course at the
UCSC printmaking department. I assisted the professor in prepping classroom materials, and helped
students learn and troubleshoot issues.
Palace Art and Office Supply – Demo Artist/ Sales Associate
[August 2012-Present] Santa Cruz, CA
As a sales associate, my responsibilities include being a cashier, providing customer service,
stocking merchandise and putting on weekly art demos. Demo artists demonstrate a medium
each week to help customers learn about a new product.
Palace Art and Office Supply - Paint This! Teacher
[July 2015-Present] Santa Cruz, CA
Each week I am a part of an acrylic painting class called Paint This! as either an assistant or a
teacher. As a teacher I walk the class through how to re-create a painting I had prepared prior
to the class. Classes are open to all ages and skill levels.
Sesnon Gallery - Volunteer
[April 2013-June 2014] UCSC, Santa Cruz, CA
Volunteer work included gallery installation and de-installation: painting, hanging artworks, retouching walls,
taking inventory, wrapping up artworks. My work included administrative work from answering phones,
emails, scheduling and filing.
Sesnon Gallery - Sesnon Underground Committee Member
As a committee member I supervised shows in a student run gallery space. I helped to create an
application processes, select proposals, maintain a website, and oversaw installation and de-installation.
Michaelangelo Gallery - Intern
[July-September 2012] Santa Cruz, CA
My responsibilities included being an administrative gallery attendant and working
with local artists to set up for shows. My internship also involved being a part of
FashionArt Santa Cruz, an annual fashion show in Santa Cruz. (Summer 2012-2014).
As an intern I helped with ticket sales and ran the sign-in table for artists and designers.